Board-Legende

CD Bootleg: april fool´s dinner - digi-pack von southern comfort

soon to be released:

. april fool´s dinner
    digi-pack
    southern comfort

mehr infos in kürze
    Hinweis in eigener Sache:
    wenn du glaubst, dass ich mich dir gegenüber wie ein Arschloch verhalte, kannst du ziemlich sicher sein, dass du es verdient hast
  • Herbi
    Board-Legende

...bin mal gespannt was wir da bekommen werden !!

__Elvis - Artist Of The Century__

Kommentar

• burroughs
      Board-Legende

das können - logisch betrachtet - nur die shows vom 1.4.1975 werden
      wenn du glaubst, dass ich mich dir gegenüber wie ein Arschloch verhalte, kannst du ziemlich sicher sein, dass du es verdient hast

Kommentar

• King77
        Board-Legende

Die gab es ja auch erst 3 mal auf Cd´s.

Kommentar

• burroughs
          Board-Legende

du musst sie ja kein viertes mal kaufen

Kommentar

• King77
            Board-Legende

Zitat von burroughs
            du musst sie ja kein viertes mal kaufen
            Doch,wenn bei der neuen Veröff.Can´t Help Falling In Love vom 1.4.75 DS enthalten ist.Bei den früheren Veröff. wurde Can´t Help vom 20.3.74 hinein geschnitten.

Kommentar

• walk-a-mile-in-my-shoes

wiederveröffentlichungen, soweit das auge reicht ...

den herrschaften von der "abteilung import" dürfte anscheinend wirklich schön langsam aber sicher das material ausgehen ...

Kommentar

• PatrickVaals
                Gehört zum Inventar

Ich habe die originellies nicht, also werde dan hier mahl zuslagen.

Kommentar

• Herbi
                  Board-Legende

Zitat von burroughs
                  ...die fehlt mir noch !!

__Elvis - Artist Of The Century__

Kommentar

Zitat von burroughs
                    weil's mir gerade auffällt - du sprichst in der mehrzahl ... bedeutet das, dass wir beide shows vom 1.4.75 bekommen?

da von einer doppel-cd nichts zu lesen ist, würde ich da eher mal auf die DS tippen, nachdem der titel "april fool's dinner" ist ...

Kommentar

• gast-20100118

Zitat von King77
                      Doch,wenn bei der neuen Veröff.Can´t Help Falling In Love vom 1.4.75 DS enthalten ist.
                      Vielleicht kannst Du ja schon mal die Songliste hier reinstellen ?

Kommentar

Hier ist die Tracklist der DS vom 1.4.1975, veröffentlicht auf der Import Rockin' With Elvis April Fool's Day ...

See See Rider
                        Dialogue
                        I Got A Woman / Amen
                        Dialogue
                        Love Me
                        If You Love Me (Let Me Know)
                        And I Love You So
                        Big Boss Man
                        The Wonder Of You
                        Burning Love
                        Band Introductions #1
                        Band Introductions #2
                        Celebrity Introductions
                        My Boy
                        I'll Remember You
                        Let Me Be There
                        Celebrity Introductions
                        How Great Thou Art
                        Hound Dog
                        Fairytale
                        Can't Help Falling In Love (*)
                        Closing Vamp (*)

(+) = 20.3.1974 ES, Memphis / Tennessee

Eine Besprechung der Show erfolgt übrigens in Kürze in unserer Konzertabteilung hier im Forum, spätestens aber wenn die neue Import am Markt ist ...

Kommentar

• burroughs
                          Board-Legende

kann sein, kann nicht sein, kann aber auch sein dass es nicht sein kann

kurz: bisher weiss ich´s selber noch nicht genau

Kommentar

• Ciscoking
                            Board-Legende

Alles komplett, so wie sich das gehört.

Es gibt übrigens auch eine komplette CDR dieser Show.
                            Thanks to Ernst Joergensen, Roger Semon and Erik Rasmussen for the great work. Keep the spirit alive !

Kommentar

• Elvis for Everyone
                              Gehört zum Inventar

The upcoming CD-release by the Southern Comfort / Audionics "team-up" is entitled "APRIL FOOL'S DINNER", and it contains the excellent April 1st, 1975 dinner show. Import collectors first heard this recording via the 1980 vinyl release "Rockin' with Elvis April Fool's Day." This was later dubbed directly from vinyl for its 1992 CD debut, complete with pops and clicks. This new release marks the first time since the original LP that the original audience master tape has been used - and naturally it has received a significant upgrade using topnotch industry equipment. This stellar show is also now complete: "Can't Help Falling In Love" and "Closing Vamp" from this show were actually on the original tape. These were restored to the best of our abilities, and are now included, warts and all. On the original LP and CD, these songs were borrowed from RCA's 1974 "Recorded Live On Stage In Memphis" album. The April Fool’s Day performance shows Elvis at his best – a far cry from the problematic October ’74 shows – he’s in excellent voice, and he performs a solid mix of classic songs and recent additions. Elvis is both entertaining and witty, and actually sounds like a seasoned Vegas pro. April 1st also marked the final day for bass player Duke Bardwell, who in all did 181 shows with Elvis, despite the fact that their relationship often was a bit strained. Duke had experienced some great highs and some terrible lows with Elvis, but at this stage he was fed up with it all and relieved that it would soon be over.

The first two Midnight Show bonus tracks are from a booth tape and the other 4 tracks (first heard on "Rocking With the King April's Fool Day" Vol. 2.) are from a decent quality audience tape. The prior release of the closing show was de-noised in a rather destructive way, and has been restored to optimal quality for the Elvis connoisseur.

All accompanying photographs were taken in March - May 1975 at the Las Vegas Hilton hotel and on the subsequent concert tour. The CD will be presented in a beautiful 3-panel digipack and is scheduled for late February '09.
                              Tracks:

01. Opening Vamp / C. C. Rider - 02. I Got A Woman / Amen - 03. Love Me - 04. If You Love Me (Let Me Know) - 05. And I Love You So - 06. Big Boss Man - 07. The Wonder Of You - 08. Burning Love - 09. Band Introductions - 10. What'd I Say - 11. Drum Solo (Ronnie Tutt) - 12. Bass Solo (Duke Bardwell) - 13. Piano Solo (Glen D. Hardin) - 14. Electric Piano Solo (David Briggs) - 15. School Day - 16. Celebrity Introductions: Roy Clark, Conrad Hilton / The Great Pretender (excerpt) - 17. My Boy - 18. I'll Remember You - 19. Let Me Be There - 20. Celebrity Introduction: actor Hugh O'Brian - 21. How Great Thou Art - 22. Hound Dog - 23. Fairytale - 24. Can't Help Falling In Love - 25. Closing Vamp.

Bonus Tracks (highlights from Las Vegas, April 1st, 1975, Midnight show - Closing night):

26. Big Boss Man* - 27. It's Midnight * - 28. You Don't Have To Say You Love Me - 29. An American Trilogy - 30. Help Me Make It Through The Night / Mickey Mouse March - 31. Steamroller Blues
                              * taken from booth tape

source: e-mail - February 10, 2009

Quelle: www.elvis-collectors.com

Kommentar

Lädt...