Einklappen
X

• Zeit
  • Anzeigen
Alles löschen
neue Beiträge
  • DelWebb
    Ehrenmitglied

wie sieht das teil eigentlich preislich so aus? oder hab ich das hier überlesen?
    --- we didn´t buy elvis presley to be another james dean, we buy him to sing the songs ---

Kommentar

• burroughs
      Board-Legende

ganz gut
      Hinweis in eigener Sache:
      wenn du glaubst, dass ich mich dir gegenüber wie ein Arschloch verhalte, kannst du ziemlich sicher sein, dass du es verdient hast

Kommentar

• DelWebb
        Ehrenmitglied

Dummschwätzer

--- we didn´t buy elvis presley to be another james dean, we buy him to sing the songs ---

Kommentar

• burroughs
          Board-Legende

gemeldet
          wenn du glaubst, dass ich mich dir gegenüber wie ein Arschloch verhalte, kannst du ziemlich sicher sein, dass du es verdient hast

Kommentar

• gast-20100801

Petze!

Kommentar

• burroughs
              Board-Legende

oooooch

Kommentar

• lars87
                Foren-Experte

ich bekomm sie anfang nächster Woche endlich
                freu mich schon riesig drauf
                Ich bin zu einer Zeit ins Musikgeschäft hineingeraten, als es keinen Trend gab. Die Leute waren auf der Suche nach etwas Anderem, und ich kam gerade zur rechten Zeit.

Kommentar

• Elvis for Everyone
                  Gehört zum Inventar

Review von Keith Flynn:

Firstly I have to say that if it were purely from the reviews on FECC and other forums, I would have never got this release. I'd read on these forums it was just another “Upgrade” of an already released show, supposedly taken from a “New” source, and the usual suspects spouted that it’s actually just computer trickery and NOT a new source, and put together in a book form (ala FTD!).

I'm glad I didn't listen - How wrong I was!

This is how a release should be! I thought “Triangle” paved the way for ultimate Bootleg releases with their “Hampton Roads” CD a few years ago, but this new release has taken Bootlegs to another step above “Official” releases! Please take note BMG/FTD.

Even though I’m not a great fan of Soundboards (although I have every one released, of course!) this set took me by surprise! The book is a great looking piece of work, not too big (although bigger than a CD, but smaller than a DVD) so it sits nicely on the shelf, and you can see that a lot of work has gone into it. You can see it’s been put together by fans – For fans!

There is some witty banter in the “Acknowledgements” and a “Foreword” by ‘Piotr Guralnjew’’ (taking the piss out of Peter Guralnick), and an assurance at the end that it will not be released as a Stereo download in a few weeks! LOL!

The book flows nicely too, and includes some new (to me – but they would be!) photographs, including some from the actual show itself, August 30th 1974 Midnight Show, which was incorrectly listed as “3.00am Show” on the original release – “Night Fever In Vegas” (there was NEVER a 3.00am show on this date!). It takes you through 1974 in general, and Elvis’ then usual Summer Festival in Vegas. It has a good write-up about the show, and then an in-depth look at Elvis’ love of karate, and also looks at Elvis’ own ill fated “New Gladiators” movie that never was. An overview of Elvis’ tour dates in 1974 and the tracklisting of the show, completes the book.

Now to the CD’s – The sound is crystal clear, and a complete difference to “Night Fever In Vegas” which obviously (now we can hear) was sourced from a third or fourth generation cassette in comparison to this release! I won’t go into detail of the content of the show because you’ll all have heard it anyway on the previous release, but a comparison here shows you the difference:-

It's Midnight - Comparison

I also noticed that this new release includes over three-and-a-half minutes of new “Introductions” dialogue where Elvis goes into detail of how he and Red West came back into the showroom in the middle of the night and painted one of the angels statues black – Hence the title of this set! It also includes some more unreleased dialogue that some would consider “Racist”, that was edited-out on “Night Fever In Vegas”.

Unreleased Introductions

I read on FECC that ‘Johnny Saulovich’ knows some people who attended this show, and that they were disgusted at Elvis’ (now infamous) “Fuck You” remark to a member of the audience before ‘An American Trilogy’. Well now I think we know the reason why they could have been offended – Were they Jewish?

Well, all in all it’s a great release. I hate to call it an “Upgrade” because it isn’t - It’s the way it should have been released in the first place, and to now have it in my grubby little hands is a joy!

Thanks “Venus”!!!

Keith Flynn

Quelle: http://www.epgold.com/

Kommentar

• burroughs
                    Board-Legende

oh goodie goodie goodie

Kommentar

• walk-a-mile-in-my-shoes

Zitat von Elvis for Everyone
                      There is some witty banter in the “Acknowledgements” and a “Foreword” by ‘Piotr Guralnjew’’ (taking the piss out of Peter Guralnick), and an assurance at the end that it will not be released as a Stereo download in a few weeks! LOL!
                      ja, wie geil ist das denn ...

Kommentar

• Tickle Me
                        Foren-Experte

Zitat von walk-a-mile-in-my-shoes
                        ja, wie geil ist das denn ...

Im Vorwort wird auch erwähnt,dass Priscilla für das "Make Up" verantwortlich ist.
                        Diese VÖ sollte jeder in seiner Sammlung haben.

Kommentar

• Joern
                          Gehört zum Inventar

Hat jemand anders das Set mittlerweile bekommen und teilt meine Eindrücke?

Finde das Soundbild extrem gut. Habe auch schon lange keine CD mehr gehört, bei der ich so genau zugehört habe...

Die Audionics-VÖs und jetzt auch noch ein Top-VÖ für Vegas '74 - Elvis Fans gings auch schon mal schlechter...

Kommentar

• DelWebb
                            Ehrenmitglied

nö, kommt ungeöffnet ins regal

Kommentar

• Joern
                              Gehört zum Inventar

Na denn ...

Kommentar

• marquardt72
                                Posting-Legende

Zitat von DelWebb
                                nö, kommt ungeöffnet ins regal
                                Sammeln muss echt Spaß machen...

Kommentar

Lädt...