X

• Zeit
  • Anzeigen
Alles löschen
neue Beiträge
  • TheKing
    Board-Legende

Frage: Who is Bitsy Mott?

I am Colonel Parker’s nephew. Colonel Tom Parker married my dad’s sister (Marie Mott) in pre-Elvis days, in 1938, and remained married to her until her death in 1993. My father (Bitsy Mott) was Elvis Presley’s security manager from 1955 through 1973. He was in four of Elvis’s movies and spent about 11 months of each year on the road with Elvis and my uncle The Colonel. He was one of the selected few who actually attended Elvis’s funeral.

Wer weiß mehr?
    Ohne Worte!
  • burroughs
    Board-Legende

wenn er bis 73 tour-manager war ..
    steht da vielleicht was im letzten PTM-buch dazu

Kommentar

• cos
      Board-Legende

Meine Infos dazu:
      Mott, Elisha Matthew (Bitsy)
      Brother of Marie Mott Ross Parker and the brother-in-law of Colonel Tom Parker. Bitsy Mott, who traveled with Elvis for a short time in 1955 and 1956, has been considered a member of the Memphis Mafia. Mott played professional baseball for the Philadelphia Phillies in ninety games, hitting .222 and playing shortstop and second base. Mott apeared as a soldier in the 1960 movie G.I. Blues and as a state trooper in the 1961 movie Wild in the Country.

Quelle: Elvis - His Life from A to Z

Kommentar

• TheKing
        Board-Legende

Das ist schon einmal ne Menge! Ich habe John seinen Sohn angeschrieben, wir sollten bald noch mehr wissen...
        Zuletzt geändert von TheKing; 25.10.2011, 20:05
        Ohne Worte!

Kommentar

• Ela68
          Forum-Moderator

Frag ihn mal nach den anderen beiden Movies, bei dem er noch mitgespielt haben soll, denn in seinem Ebay Text schreibt er ja von 4, kann aber nichts finden, außer die beiden von Cos genannten.

If tears build a stairway
          and memories a lane.
          I`d walk right up to heaven
          and bring you home again.

Kommentar

• Ela68
            Forum-Moderator

Mal Careless Love rausgekramt und bißchen gestöbert:

Seite 8:

.....er sprach kurz mit mit verschiedenen Freunden und fans, und gab dann bitsy mott, dem schwager und berater des colonel, ein zeichen.....

Seite 116:

...seinem schwager bitsy gegenüber, der die security für Elvis machte.....

Seite 724:

....bitsy, der schwager des colonel und in den anfangstagen chef der security....

Ich trau dem Braten nicht so ganz. Müßte uns der Name nicht etwas geläufiger sein, wenn er angeblich für so lange Zeit so nah an Elvis war, wie der Sohn sagt?

If tears build a stairway
            and memories a lane.
            I`d walk right up to heaven
            and bring you home again.

Kommentar

• TheKing
              Board-Legende

Das habe ich auch als erstes gedacht, aber durch die Quellen jetzt scheint es sich ja zu bestätigen, dass es ihn gab und dass er tatsächlich der Schwager vom Colonel war. Seine Rolle fällt allerdings etwas kleiner aus, als der stolze Sohn es wohl ausgeschmückt hat. Der sagt ja sein Vater sei bis 1973 immer mit auf Tour gewesen usw. Wenn, dann kann er keine tragende Rolle gespielt haben. Aber es kann durchaus sein, dass er im Umfeld dabei war.
              Ohne Worte!

Kommentar

• Circle G
                Board-Legende

Zitat von TheKing
                I am Colonel Parker’s nephew. Colonel Tom Parker married my dad’s sister (Marie Mott) in pre-Elvis days, in 1938, and remained married to her until her death in 1993.
                Marie Parker starb schon im Jahre 1986. 1993 war der Colonel inzwischen 3 Jahre mit Loanne verheiratet. Hm?

Mir scheint, der Mann ist nicht sonderlich gut informiert.
                Ahnungslosigkeit ist die Objektivität der schlichten Gemüter - Harald Schmidt

Kommentar

• charro
                  Posting-Legende

Hier noch mal für alle Statistiker und Chronik-Wühler:

Bitsy Mott, taking delivery of Elvis's first pet donkey. He's the one in the short sleeve shirt in the middle of the photo. It was delivered in October of 1956. The other gentlemen, shown in the picture, were the delivery men. As soon as the donkey was unloaded Gladys came over to meet and feed the animal.

Kommentar

• charro
                    Posting-Legende

Noch was zur Sachverhaltsaufklärung:

- geboren am 12.06.1918 in Arcadia, Florida
                    - gestorben am 25.02.2002 in Brandon,Florida

Kommentar

• TheKing
                      Board-Legende

Grandios! Nun haben wir mit blauer Forumspower das Profile im Handumdrehen erstellt.
                      Ohne Worte!

Kommentar

• TheKing
                        Board-Legende

I just now read your other emails you sent. We will stay in touch and I don't mind sharing some of my dad's stories with Elvis's fans. He was actually in 4 of Elvis's movies. He was on the movie sets to watch Elvis so Elvis actually made him act in them. They used to cut up a lot during the movie scenes and make my uncle and the movie studio a little upset. My dad was basically tone deaf. Which simply means he could not sing or carry a tune very well. During one scene in GI Blues my dad was sitting in a jeep and Elvis and all of the actors were also singing with him in the movie. But every time Elvis looked over at my dad, he knew my dad could not sing at all Elvis would then break out laughing at him right in the middle of the taping. They had to re-shoot that particular scene 17 times to get Elvis to sing it without breaking out laughing. Elvis never admitted to the movie studio why he kept laughing. He didn't want to get my dad in trouble or kicked off of the set. Thought you might get a kick out of that story. Anyway, I have got to get some sleep. We'll chat again. Sincerely, John Mott

Ich hab noch mehr Emails von ihm es ist super spannend!!! Ich halte Euch auf dem Laufendem!
                        Ohne Worte!

Kommentar

• burroughs
                          Board-Legende

Zitat von TheKing
                          During one scene in GI Blues my dad was sitting in a jeep and Elvis and all of the actors were also singing with him in the movie. But every time Elvis looked over at my dad, he knew my dad could not sing at all Elvis would then break out laughing at him right in the middle of the taping. They had to re-shoot that particular scene 17 times to get Elvis to sing it without breaking out laughing.
                          das wär ja mal ein kandidat für ein *making of*

Kommentar

• Gilla
                            Board-Legende

Ich habe auch was von Bitsy Mott gefunden, im Buch "Elvis and the Memphis Mafia" ist er kurz erwähnt.

Da sagt Lamar Fike:

Colonel had a core group, just as Elvis would come to have one. Tom Diskin was the Colonels right-hand man, his Best Boy. He did everything. Then there was Bitsy Mott, who was Colonels brother in law. He was almost the forerunner of the Memphis Mafia. Some of the books even say he was a member. But he wasn't, really. He traveled as a bodyguard, up until the time Elvis went into the army. Back in the early years, the Colonel was always at Elvis' side when they went anywhere. And so was Bitsy. But Bitsy worked for the Colonel. He didn't work for Elvis.
                            Zuletzt geändert von Gilla; 26.10.2011, 10:32
                            *The genius of Elvis Presley was in his music, but the magic was in his voice*

Kommentar

• burroughs
                              Board-Legende

tja.. war wohl nix mit tourmanager bis 73.. wa?

Kommentar

Lädt...