X

• Zeit
  • Anzeigen
Alles löschen
neue Beiträge
  • Moody
    Gehört zum Inventar

A thunder in the night

The S&R Records label, that released "Trying To Get To Memphis", "Not Too Sweet" and "Setting The Standard", will release "A Thunder In The Night" late March 2006. This release features a previously unreleased audience recording of Elvis' Midnight Show from August 01, 1971 Midnight at Lake Tahoe.

This show - although not new to die hard tape collectors - has been not available in this quality before according to the info we received. The sound was professionally restored. It is one of best shows of the year 1971 too - a great performance with Elvis in exceptionally good mood and voice. The highlight of the concert is rarely performed gospel "I John". The CD contains de luxe 8 page full colour booklet with many photos in a very professional layout.

Tracklist:

01.That's All Right, Mama 1.59 / 02.Proud Mary 3.05 / 03.Jailhouse Rock 1.49 / 04. All Shook Up (only part) / 05.Love Me Tender 2.35 / 06.You Don't Have To Say You Love Me
    2.01 / 07.You've Lost The Loving Feeling 4.15 / 08. Polk Salad Annie 4.00 / 09. If I
    can Dream (exc/inst.intermezzo) 0.41 / 10.Johnny B.Goode 1.38 / 11. Love Me 1.36 / 12.
    Blue Suede Shoes - Whole Lotta Shakin' Goin' on (medley) 1.33 / 13. Heartbreak Hotel 1.32 / 14. One Night (inc.) 1.11 / 15. Hound Dog (false start) 1.27 / 16. Hound Dog 1.06 / 17. Suspicious Minds 5.07 / 18. Band Introduction 3.06 / 19. I'm leaving 3.15 / 20. The Impossible Dream 3.07 / 21. Lawdy Miss Clawdy 1.21 / 22. I Can't Stop Loving You 3.07 / 23. Bridge Over Troubled Water (4.16) / 25. I John (2.06) / 26. Can't Help Falling in Love.

Source: www.elvisnews.com

Das Konzert müsse dem dieser Scheibe entsprechen:
    A homo habilis discovering his opposable thumbs says "what?"
  • Oliwa
    Board-Legende

Ist ja der absolute Oberhammer! Diese CD MUSS ich haben
    Verwunden mein Herz mit eintöniger Mattigkeit
    23. April 1998 - 20. November 2006
    29. September 2006 - 22. September 2022 - I'll be with you always!

Kommentar

• burroughs
      Board-Legende

Zitat von Oliwa
      Ist ja der absolute Oberhammer! Diese CD MUSS ich haben
      Wieso.. hast du die Rockin´Thaoe nich?

Kommentar

• Oliwa
        Board-Legende

Zitat von burroughs
        Wieso.. hast du die Rockin´Thaoe nich?
        Nee, leider nicht

Kommentar

• burroughs
          Board-Legende

Zitat von Oliwa
          Nee, leider nicht
          ach so.. na dann is klar..
          aber ich werd mir diese wohl auch schnappen..
          Stefano und Otto haben ja auch bisher super Jobs abgeliefert

Kommentar

• Oliwa
            Board-Legende

Kannst du denn irgendwas über "If I Can Dream" sagen? Ist es nur melodiös angespielt oder wie kann man das verstehen? Kann man denn raushören das es sich dabei um den Song handelt?

Kommentar

• burroughs
              Board-Legende

Zitat von Oliwa
              Kannst du denn irgendwas über "If I Can Dream" sagen? Ist es nur melodiös angespielt oder wie kann man das verstehen? Kann man denn raushören das es sich dabei um den Song handelt?
              Ich müßt jetz mal wieder reinhören, aber soweit ich mich erinnern kann, spielen sie den song nur rein instrumental an
              alles andere wär ja ne sensation schlecht hin gewesen

übrigens war sowohl die *rockin´lake Tahoe* als auch diese beiden Titel (die dasselbe Konzert beinhalten) nur auf cdr zu finden: *Lake Tahoe August 1, 1971 MS* und *The Tahoe Years Vol. 2*
              Zuletzt geändert von burroughs; 13.03.2006, 21:29

Kommentar

• allerteuerste
                Gehört zum Inventar

Zitat von Oliwa
                die neben dem song in klammer stehenden abkürzungen sagen sehr deutlich, um was es sich handelt.

exc = excerpt (= ausschnitt)
                inst = instrumental
                intermezzo = zwischenspiel

mit anderen worten : die band spielt ein bisschen, während elvis nicht singt
                "Motorboat! Motorboat! Ruadan tua i nur zur Noat!"

Kommentar

• allerteuerste
                  Gehört zum Inventar

habe jetzt doch mal kurz reingehört. und meine erste entdeckung ist eine faszinierende version von polk salad annie (mit sprechteil).

meine zweite ist natürlich dieses intermezzo, das mit if i can dream betitelt ist. well, zu recht, wenn es auch nicht das ist, das der fan erwartet.

elvis spricht (eher als das er singt) diese zeile, und das noch nicht einmal nach der zu erwartenden melodie. das war´s dann. die hintergrundmusik, die die band dazu liefert, ist die zu dieser zeit übliche, um elvis nach polk salad etwas gelenheit zum verschnaufen zu geben.
                  fällt diesmal übrigens sehr kurz aus, was möglicherweise ein hinweis auf eine stattgefundene edittierung ist.

zusammengefasst: elvis singt das lied nicht, liefert aber, wie meistens in diesen fällen, einen onel-liner ab.

abgesehen davon, könnte es sein, dass die CDR ein kleines bisschen zu langsam läuft???? UND ein paar schnitte aufweist?
                  "Motorboat! Motorboat! Ruadan tua i nur zur Noat!"

Kommentar

• burroughs
                    Board-Legende

Frisch und aktuell aus Italien

Hi friends finally we are ready for our fourth special product, we wish the best
                    one. We are proud to give you the possibility to listen ELVIS in a great mood without any doubt to the top of his possibility.
                    Elvis to the top means a great show maybe one of the best of the 70'. In spite the numerous imports that are flooding the import market in this moment, here you are a real pearl, our philosophy is always been to give the possibility to listen Elvis at the best with the best audio possible. Here you have a product UNIQUE FOR MANY REASONS:

- an unreleased show from LAKE TAHOE 1971
                    - the very first show ever released from LAKE TAHOE 1971
                    - an unbelievable audio for an early audience recording coming from an early
                    generation tape.
                    - digitally remastered (two weeks of work using professional software)
                    - a precious booklet of 8 pages, including rare pictures coming from the season.
                    - we have bought from the photographer the picture in the front sleeve and others four inside the booklet in the manner to get the most high quality possible in the booklet, you won't find here pictures of low quality coming from the web.
                    - As a special bonus, FOR MEMBER ONLY the first 100 copies of CD is presented together with limited edition collector's card and with numbered 100copies of a BOOK A4 sized of 8 page
                    -You can easy understand that the uniqueness of this product and our fight to keep the price as the previous one.
                    -the existence of the web-site and of consequence of this special product depend of the support of the members.
                    Please support the web-site buying this product and overall promote IT with all your friends .

A THUNDER IN THE NIGHT
                    (Below promo message)

A Thunder In The Night is the title of new CD which will be released by S&R
                    Records label that gave the Elvis fans CDs "TRYING TO GET TO
                    MEMPHIS", "NOT TOO SWEET" and "SETTING THE STANDARD".
                    Their fourth release in scheduled late March and will feature previously
                    unreleased audience recording of Elvis concert in Lake Tahoe, August 01, 1971 Midnight.
                    This show - although not new to die hard tape collectors - have been not
                    available in this quality before. The sound was professionally restored. It is
                    one of best shows of the year 1971 too - a great performance with Elvis in
                    exceptionally good mood and voice. The highlight of the concert is rarely
                    performed gospel "I John". The CD contains de luxe 8 page full colour
                    booklet with many photos in a very professional layout.
                    Tracks:
                    01.That's All Right, Mama 1.59 -
                    02.Proud Mary 3.05 -
                    03.Jailhouse Rock 1.49 -
                    04. All Shook Up (only part)
                    05.Love Me Tender 2.35 -
                    06.You Don't Have To Say
                    You Love Me 2.01 -
                    07.You've Lost The Loving Feeling 4.15 -
                    08. Polk Salad Annie 4.00 -
                    09. If I can Dream (exc/inst.intermezzo) 0.41 -
                    10.Johnny B.Goode 1.38 -
                    11. Love Me 1.36 -
                    12. Blue Suede Shoes/Whole Lotta Shakin' Goin' on (medley) 1.33 -
                    13. Heartbreak Hotel (1.32) -
                    14. One Night ( inc.) 1.11 -
                    15. Hound Dog (false start) 1.27 -
                    16. Hound Dog 1.06 -
                    17. Suspicious Minds 5.07 -
                    18. Band Introduction 3.06 -
                    19. I'm leaving 3.15 -
                    20. The Impossible Dream 3.07 -
                    21. Lawdy Miss Clawdy 1.21 -
                    22. I Can't Stop Loving You 3.07 -
                    23. Bridge Over Troubled Water (4.16) -
                    25. I John (2.06) -
                    26. Can't Help Falling in Love.

CD BONUS CONTENTS:
                    As a special bonus, FOR MEMBER ONLY the first 100 copies of CD is presented a BOOKLET of 8 page A4 sized, including a lot a pictures mostly unedited from the 1971 in the manner to give you a panoramic of the 1971 year. The book has been printed in glossy hard paper in professional way. It includes details about the season, the concert and the 1971 year with a lot a pictures coming from straight our archive mostly bought for the occasion.

WARNING
                    THIS BOOK TOGETHER THE SPECIAL CARD WILL BE AVAILABLE ONLY FOR MEMBERS WHO'LL BUY THE SHOW DIRECTLY FROM THE WEB SITE

Kommentar

• DelWebb
                      Ehrenmitglied

Zitat von burroughs
                      WARNING
                      THIS BOOK TOGETHER THE SPECIAL CARD WILL BE AVAILABLE ONLY FOR MEMBERS WHO'LL BUY THE SHOW DIRECTLY FROM THE WEB SITE
                      tztztztztz.......
                      --- we didn´t buy elvis presley to be another james dean, we buy him to sing the songs ---

Kommentar

• burroughs
                        Board-Legende

Zitat von DelWebb
                        tztztztztz.......
                        yeah.. vor allem wenn man sich den Preis anguckt (sofern man via Website bestellt)

Kommentar

• dotore
                          Gehört zum Inventar

Darf ich mal nach einer Bezugsquelle fragen?

Danke!

Kommentar

• burroughs
                            Board-Legende

Zitat von dotore
                            Darf ich mal nach einer Bezugsquelle fragen?

Danke!
                            du hast post

Kommentar

• Johnny B.
                              Posting-Legende

Diese CD erscheint morgen den 11.4.2006.
                              das Booklet ist 8 Seiten stark und beinhaltet viele Fotos und informationen.

Kommentar

Lädt...