X

• Zeit
  • Anzeigen
Alles löschen
neue Beiträge
  • Herbi
    Board-Legende

Red Hot In Vegas

The forthcoming release from the "Straight Arrow" label is titled "RED HOT IN VEGAS" (SA 2006-5-02), and will feature the Las Vegas August 23rd, 1972 Midnight show. Just like all previous releases from this label, this new CD will come in a deluxe package with a 16-page booklet, containing a neat collection of photographs from the August - September 1972 Las Vegas engagement (both on-stage and candid shots), rare memorabilia, informative liner notes with an "Elvis in 1972" overview, as well as details about Elvis' Las Vegas 1972 Summer Festival. The August 23rd Midnight show was one of the best concerts of the season; among the highlights are great performances of ballads like "What Now My Love" and "My Way", as well as some superb rock'n'roll numbers like "Proud Mary", "A Big Hunk O'Love", "Little Sister / Get Back" and a fast version of "Polk Salad Annie".

This recording comes from an early generation copy of the original audience recorded mastertape, and the sound quality is excellent for an amateur recording, close to soundboard. The sound was professionally restored in a studio. Unfortunately, the August 23rd, 1972 Midnight show was not recorded in its entirety. "Missing tracks" were added from another show from the same season; the August 13th, 1972 Dinner show. "For The Good Times" was Spliced together fom the August 23rd and August 13th recordings. As a bonus, a 1972 interview with John Wilkinson was added. This CD is set for release early December.

Tracks:
    01. Also Sprach Zarathustra (Theme from "2001 A Space Odyssey") - 02. Opening Vamp / C. C. Rider - 03. Johnny B. Goode - 04. Proud Mary - 05. Until It's Time For You To Go - 06. You Don't Have To Say You Love Me - 07. You Gave Me A Mountain - 08. You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin' - 09. Polk Salad Annie - 10. Instrumental Intermezzo / Monologue - 11. What Now My Love - 12. Fever - 13. Love Me - 14. Blue Suede Shoes - 15. Heartbreak Hotel - 16. All Shook Up - 17. Little Sister / Get Back (medley) - 18. Love Me Tender - 19. Hound Dog (slow & fast) - 20. I'll Remember You - 21. Suspicious Minds - 22. Band Introductions - 23. Celebrity Introductions - 24. My Way - 25. A Big Hunk O' Love - 26. For The Good Times (spliced with Las Vegas 13.08.1972 Dinner Show) - 27. Can't Help Falling In Love (Las Vegas 13.08.1972 Dinner Show) - 28. Closing Vamp (Las Vegas 13.08.1972 Dinner Show).

Special bonus:
    29. An "after season" interview with John Wilkinson, by Tony Prince from Radio Luxembourg, held in Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel, September 8, 1972.

Approximate running time: 79:18

Quelle: www.elvis-collectors.com
    Zuletzt geändert von Herbi; 21.11.2006, 22:23

__Elvis - Artist Of The Century__
  • burroughs
    Board-Legende

Zitat von Herbi

The forthcoming release from the "Straight Arrow" label is titled "RED HOT IN VEGAS" (SA 2006-5-02), and will feature the Las Vegas August 23rd, 1972 Midnight show. Just like all previous releases from this label, this new CD will come in a deluxe package with a 16-page booklet, containing a neat collection of photographs from the August - September 1972 Las Vegas engagement (both on-stage and candid shots), rare memorabilia, informative liner notes with an "Elvis in 1972" overview, as well as details about Elvis' Las Vegas 1972 Summer Festival. The August 23rd Midnight show was one of the best concerts of the season; among the highlights are great performances of ballads like "What Now My Love" and "My Way", as well as some superb rock'n'roll numbers like "Proud Mary", "A Big Hunk O'Love", "Little Sister / Get Back" and a fast version of "Polk Salad Annie".

This recording comes from an early generation copy of the original audience recorded mastertape, and the sound quality is excellent for an amateur recording, close to soundboard. The sound was professionally restored in a studio. Unfortunately, the August 23rd, 1972 Midnight show was not recorded in its entirety. "Missing tracks" were added from another show from the same season; the August 13th, 1972 Dinner show. "For The Good Times" was Spliced together fom the August 23rd and August 13th recordings. As a bonus, a 1972 interview with John Wilkinson was added. This CD is set for release early December.

Tracks:
    01. Also Sprach Zarathustra (Theme from "2001 A Space Odyssey") - 02. Opening Vamp / C. C. Rider - 03. Johnny B. Goode - 04. Proud Mary - 05. Until It's Time For You To Go - 06. You Don't Have To Say You Love Me - 07. You Gave Me A Mountain - 08. You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin' - 09. Polk Salad Annie - 10. Instrumental Intermezzo / Monologue - 11. What Now My Love - 12. Fever - 13. Love Me - 14. Blue Suede Shoes - 15. Heartbreak Hotel - 16. All Shook Up - 17. Little Sister / Get Back (medley) - 18. Love Me Tender - 19. Hound Dog (slow & fast) - 20. I'll Remember You - 21. Suspicious Minds - 22. Band Introductions - 23. Celebrity Introductions - 24. My Way - 25. A Big Hunk O' Love - 26. For The Good Times (spliced with Las Vegas 13.08.1972 Dinner Show) - 27. Can't Help Falling In Love (Las Vegas 13.08.1972 Dinner Show) - 28. Closing Vamp (Las Vegas 13.08.1972 Dinner Show).

Special bonus:
    29. An "after season" interview with John Wilkinson, by Tony Prince from Radio Luxembourg, held in Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel, September 8, 1972.

Approximate running time: 79:18

Quelle: www.elvis-collectors.com
    siehe auch new releases

Kommentar

• gast-200711022

Shit - wieder nix wirklich neues

Kommentar

• Johnny B.
        Posting-Legende

Zitat von Dieter
        Shit - wieder nix wirklich neues

Hast du etwa schon eine CD mit diesem Cover?

Kommentar

• gast-200711022

Zitat von Johnny B.
          Hast du etwa schon eine CD mit diesem Cover?
          nö - und nur weil ein Cover schön aussieht kauf ich die CD sicher nicht - da müßte der Inhalt auch was zu bieten haben

Kommentar

• burroughs
            Board-Legende

Zitat von Dieter
            nö - und nur weil ein Cover schön aussieht kauf ich die CD sicher nicht - da müßte der Inhalt auch was zu bieten haben

Haben wir die Show schon irgendwo (und wenns nur cdr ist)?
            Ich hab das Teil zumindest nicht in meiner Liste, weder als Cdr noch als Cd

Kommentar

• gast-200711022

Zitat von burroughs

schrieb Ich daß? aber was bitte ist an der Tracklist interessant?

Kommentar

• burroughs
                Board-Legende

Zitat von Dieter
                schrieb Ich daß? aber was bitte ist an der Tracklist interessant?
                Ich hab nicht gesagt, daß du das geschrieben hast
                war ne generelle Frage
                und (auch wenns für andere komisch klingen mag) ich leg mir das Teil alleine schon wegen dem Interview zu

Kommentar

• gast-20071116

Zitat von burroughs

Ja, auf einer CD-R namens "Where´s Tom Tonight?" oder auch auf der "Blown Away":

Kommentar

• burroughs
                    Board-Legende

Zitat von Master Sniper
                    Ja, auf einer CD-R namens "Where´s Tom Tonight?" oder auch auf der "Blown Away":
                    ah ja.. da war also doch was
                    merci

Kommentar

Lädt...