• Zeit
  • Anzeigen
Alles löschen
neue Beiträge
  • Andylon Lensen
    Kommt langsam in Fahrt

New Import CD Heavy Times Out Now!

New Import CD Heavy Times Out Now!

Out now is the new import Cd on the MxF label their second release entitled "Heavy Times!" featuring the Vegas performances on January 28th 1971, midnight show and January 29th 1971, dinner show.

For the first time, both the performances remastered from the original sources will become available on a sole CD.
    Although these two concerts "Lean, Mean And Kicking Butt" & "Snowbird" were released on two separate imports some years ago here we have the opportunity to listen to both shows in better, improved sound. Using the original source tape we were able to keep Elvis' vocal power central to the mix whilst at the same time giving a new definition to the supporting musicians and singers.
    Elvis' performance on both nights is superb as he is still performing to the best of his ability. Although he delivers two short shows they are delivered in a very intense, crisp and fresh manner that cannot be denied.
    Elvis was on stage to have fun and demonstrated this during the older, classic numbers, but songs such as 'Polk Salad Annie', 'You've Lost That Loving Feeling' and 'Sweet Caroline' never sounded better.

The season will be remembered for the introduction of the new opening composition 'Also Sprach Zarathustra' which although written by Richard Strauss in 1894 was more closely associated with the Stanley Kubrick film '2001 A Space Odyssey', a recent cinema release.
    As we now know this thunderous opening would be used until the final concert Elvis performed. The season will also be remembered for the beautiful new closing number 'The Impossible Dream' which Elvis sang with power and feeling giving us proof that Elvis continued to grow as a performer.
    Packaged with a 16 page professionally edited booklet this picture disc CD will be accompanied by relevant liner notes and with over 27 photographs of the Elvis NOW suit from this season.
    These are not new shows, but the package and the 79:40 minutes of superb music definitely gives us something different, a different kind of product! The definitive product in reference to Elvis from January 1971, Don't Miss It!!!

Track list:

01. 2001 Theme; 02. That's All Right; 03. I Got A Woman; 04. Love Me Tender; 05. You Don't Have To Say You Love Me; 06.Sweet Caroline; 07. You've Lost That Loving Feeling; 08. Polk Salad Annie; 09. Johnny B Goode; 10. Something; 11. The Wonder Of You; 12. Heartbreak Hotel; 13. Blue Suede Shoes; 14. Hound Dog; 15. One Night; 16. Teddy Bear; 17. Suspicious Minds; 18. The Impossible Dream; 19. That's All Right; 20. I Got A Woman; 21. Love Me Tender; 22. You Don't Have To Say You Love Me; 23. Sweet Caroline; 24. You've Lost That Loving Feeling; 25. Polk Salad Annie; 26. Johnny B Goode; 27. Something; 28, Heartbreak Hotel; 29. Blue Suede Shoes; 30.Teddy Bear;31.Hound Dog;32.Snowbird;33.The Impossible Dream

*Lean, Mean And Kicking Butt

Las Vegas, January 28 1971 M.S.

Also Sprach Zarathustra
    That's All Right
    I Got A Woman
    Love Me Tender
    You Don't Have To Say You Love Me
    Sweet Caroline
    You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin'
    Polk Salad Annie
    Johnny B. Goode
    Band introductions
    Something
    The Wonder Of You
    Heartbreak Hotel
    Blue Suede Shoes
    Hound Dog
    One Night
    Teddy Bear
    Suspicious Minds
    Dialogue
    The Impossible Dream

*SNOWBIRD

Las Vegas, Jan. 29 1971 D.S

1: Also Sprach Zarathustra
    2: That's All Right, Mama
    3: I Got A Woman
    4: Love Me Tender
    5: You Don't Have To Say You Love Me
    6: Sweet Caroline
    7: You've Lost That Lovin' Feeling
    8: Polk Salad Annie
    9: Band Introductions
    10: Johnny B. Goode
    11: Band Introductions
    12: Something
    13: Heartbreak Hotel
    14: Blue Suede Shoes
    15: Teddy Bear
    16: Hound Dog
    17: Snowbird
    18: The Impossible Dream

Some Extract from the linear notes:

Heavy Times? You may ask why, recent events around Elvis would lean toward Golden Times as the title to this release...but in reality things are quite different.

The Impossible Dream is not only the new closing song but unfortunately the reality of Elvis' artistic life. The man, the musician, the dream, all the infinite possibilities in front of Elvis began to vanish before his eyes.......Elvis opened in Vegas for his fourth season on January 26th and it soon became apparent that this wasn't the wish of the man.

If in the beginning Elvis accepted Vegas as the first step of a large scale tour, believing that the Colonel was acting in his best interests, then the first two engagements were great, possibly the greatest ever. However, after the Astrodome and September/November tours it became evident to everybody the necessity for Elvis to face a bigger challenge....................

2007/05/10 E-Mail / www.epgold.com
  • Johnny B.
    Posting-Legende

Hab auch gerade gehört dass sie unterwegs ist zu mir
    Freuen tue ich mich aber nicht wirklich drauf

Kommentar

• Herbi
      Board-Legende

..ich bin froh das ich die original ausgaben der Lean, Mean And Kicking Butt und der SNOWBIRD in meiner sammlung habe !!

__Elvis - Artist Of The Century__

Kommentar

• gast-20071102

Zitat von Johnny B.
        Freuen tue ich mich aber nicht wirklich drauf
        aber in's regal stellst du sie dir schon, oder etwa nicht?

Zitat von Herbi
        ..ich bin froh das ich die original ausgaben der Lean, Mean And Kicking Butt und der SNOWBIRD in meiner sammlung habe !!
        ja, ich auch! trotzdem überlege ich, ob ich mir nicht den "regalfüller" auch zulegen soll ...

Kommentar

• Johnny B.
          Posting-Legende

Zitat von vbdosi1
          aber in's regal stellst du sie dir schon, oder etwa nicht?

Das ist aber auch der einzige Zweck denn sie bei mir zu erfüllen hat.......ist halt typisches Füllmaterial

Kommentar

• DelWebb
            Ehrenmitglied

Zitat von Johnny B.
            Das ist aber auch der einzige Zweck denn sie bei mir zu erfüllen hat.......ist halt typisches Füllmaterial
            hmmm, und liegen wird sie sicherlich wie blei in anderen regalen
            --- we didn´t buy elvis presley to be another james dean, we buy him to sing the songs ---

Kommentar

• gast-20071102

Zitat von Johnny B.
              bevor du in die verlegenheit kommst, dir alle in's regal stellen zu müssen, nehm ich dir vielleicht eine ab

Kommentar

• VegasFever
                Foren-Profi

Zitat von vbdosi1
                bevor du in die verlegenheit kommst, dir alle in's regal stellen zu müssen, nehm ich dir vielleicht eine ab
                na und zur not wäre ich ja auch noch da

Kommentar

• burroughs
                  Board-Legende

Zitat von vbdosi1
                  ja, ich auch! trotzdem überlege ich, ob ich mir nicht den "regalfüller" auch zulegen soll ...
                  des muss dann aber auch a annehmbarer Preis sein
                  (und frag vorher nach, ob wieder a Poster dabei is )
                  Hinweis in eigener Sache:
                  wenn du glaubst, dass ich mich dir gegenüber wie ein Arschloch verhalte, kannst du ziemlich sicher sein, dass du es verdient hast

Kommentar

• Herbi
                    Board-Legende

Zitat von burroughs
                    ...genau des würd i au sagen !!

__Elvis - Artist Of The Century__

Kommentar

• andy_m
                      Board-Legende

Zitat von DelWebb
                      hmmm, und liegen wird sie sicherlich wie blei in anderen regalen
                      Wenn Ich an die schönen Promos denke
                      Blei ist gar kein Ausdruck

Kommentar

• gast-20071102

Zitat von burroughs
                        oh ja, mit sicherheit!

Kommentar

Lädt...