X

• Zeit
  • Anzeigen
Alles löschen
neue Beiträge
  • Johnny B.
    Posting-Legende

Zitat von Joern
    Dann überwinde den inneren Schweinehund. Lautstärke aufdrehen, Augen schließen und Augen wieder aufreißen, wenn du "My Baby Left Me" und vor allem "One-Sided Love Affair" hörst - der Sound ist spektakulär.

Bevor wieder einer schlaumeiert von wegen Mr. Budd und überhaupt: beides sehr gut, aber ich bevorzuge (rein subjektiv) den MRS Sound...

Jörn
    Das macht mich allerdings neugierig
    Ich werde sie mal einlegen, demnächst.
    Danke für den guten Tipp

Kommentar

• Didi
      Gehört zum Inventar

Sehr gelungenes Paket - die Farbfotos sind ja der absolute Hammer!

Kommentar

• gast-20071130

@Herbi

Schon bestellt ?!

Kommentar

• DannyBoy
          Gehört zum Inventar

Also ich habe mir das Teil bei Musicload runtergeladen für 9,95 allerdings ohne die DVD dazu und natürlich ohne Cover

Kommentar

• Johnny B.
            Posting-Legende

Zitat von DannyBoy
            Also ich habe mir das Teil bei Musicload runtergeladen für 9,95 allerdings ohne die DVD dazu und natürlich ohne Cover
            9,95?
            Da kauft man für eine Kleinigkeit mehr das Set und hat dann was in der Hand.
            Und zwar ein tolles Buch und DVD + CD

Kommentar

• rüdiger
              Posting-Legende

Da ich Fan der 50ziger bin, für mich ein muß Nur gut, dass man noch nicht das Buch runterladen kann, also kauft euch "New York - RCA Studio 1"
              Freunde sind Engel, die uns wieder auf die Beine helfen, wenn unsere Flügel vergessen haben wie man fliegt.

Kommentar

• Rusty Cage
                Posting-Legende

Gerade das Buch ist unverzichtbar. Wirklich schön gemacht.
                Elvis: Colonel, ich will unbeding nach Europa!
                Parker: Nee Elvis, dort gibt es nicht so schöne Turnhallen wie hier.

Kommentar

• Jon Burrows
                  Kennt sich hier aus

Zitat von DannyBoy
                  ich habe mir das dingen bei itunes runtergeladen mit digital booklet, reicht mir vorerst.

Kommentar

• burroughs
                    Board-Legende

Zitat von gast-20071130
                    @Herbi .. Schon bestellt ?!
                    Off-Topic:

Wer hat sich denn nun wieder verabschiedet?

Kommentar

• Herbi
                      Board-Legende

Elvis Album At The Center Of U.K. Copyright Row

U.K. distributor Cargo Records has pulled the plug on an Elvis Presley release after Sony BMG Music Enterainment in the U.K. sent out a letter threatening legal action, Billboard.biz has learned.

In one of the clearest signs to-date of Sony BMG's tough policy of enforcing the copyright of its vintage Presley works -- even though some sound recordings have become part of the public domain -- the music major put pressure on Cargo to withdraw the release, "New York: RCA Studio 1: The Complete Sessions." Sony BMG disputed that a handful of outtakes on the album, which was released by Memphis Recording Service, were public domain.

Cargo now won't touch the Memphis release, and the CD has no support from traditional retail outlets. An executive with the distributor, who declined to be identified, described the Sony BMG letter as a "warning" of further action to come. "To save us the risk of legal action, we decided we wouldn't distribute the item," the Cargo executive adds.

The release is still featured on the Cargo Records Web site, but the purchase function has been disabled. Memphis Recording Service director Joseph Pirzada tells Billboard.biz that he responded on behalf of Cargo on three occasions since the letter was received five or six weeks ago, but heard nothing in response.

"I've not received a letter, an email, or any telephone calls," he tells Billboard.biz. "I told Sony BMG they were wrong, and that the outtakes on the CD were recorded before the June 1, 1957. Which means it is in the public domain."

He adds, "I'm not worried and I haven't been worried," and notes that his company continues to sell the product. But he admits Sony BMG's action had "thrown a spanner in the works."

A Sony BMG spokesman declined to comment in depth on the issue, other than to confirm "that we are in correspondence with them" on the matter. The spokesman adds, "it is our policy to keep close scrutiny on any third parties who are thinking of releasing Elvis recordings assuming them to be in the public domain when they may in fact not be."

Memphis Recording Service became headline news in the summer when its Presley release "My Baby Left Me" entered the Official U.K. U.K. Singles Charts at No. 19, becoming the first out-of-copyright recording to be a U.K. Top 40 hit. The song was originally recorded by Presley in 1956, so entered the public domain on Jan. 1 2007.

Despite furious lobbying from the music industry, the U.K. government recently backed the Gowers Review, which recommended the copyright term for sound recordings should remain at 50 years.

The "My Baby Left Me" single was meant to set-up the launch of the now-disputed "New York" sessions album, says Pirzada, and has since sold 20,000 copies worldwide, about half of which came in the U.K. Cargo distributed "My Baby Left Me," which was sold exclusively through HMV.

The Cargo-Memphis relationship remains in tact. "We still distribute the label and other titles," says the Cargo executive, "and we will distribute the title next year when the 'offending' material is removed from the product." Pirzada says Memphis will relaunch the product in February. "They put a spanner in the works for us before Christmas," he says. "All its done is delay us for few weeks."

Source: Billboard.biz

__Elvis - Artist Of The Century__

Kommentar

• Red Scalpel
                        Gehört zum Inventar

Fette aktion habe es mir auch bestellt, wie immer freu mich jetzt schon drauf.....

Kommentar

• Ciscoking
                          Board-Legende

Zitat von Herbi
                          Elvis Album At The Center Of U.K. Copyright Row

U.K. distributor Cargo Records has pulled the plug on an Elvis Presley release after Sony BMG Music Enterainment in the U.K. sent out a letter threatening legal action, Billboard.biz has learned.

In one of the clearest signs to-date of Sony BMG's tough policy of enforcing the copyright of its vintage Presley works -- even though some sound recordings have become part of the public domain -- the music major put pressure on Cargo to withdraw the release, "New York: RCA Studio 1: The Complete Sessions." Sony BMG disputed that a handful of outtakes on the album, which was released by Memphis Recording Service, were public domain.

Cargo now won't touch the Memphis release, and the CD has no support from traditional retail outlets. An executive with the distributor, who declined to be identified, described the Sony BMG letter as a "warning" of further action to come. "To save us the risk of legal action, we decided we wouldn't distribute the item," the Cargo executive adds.

The release is still featured on the Cargo Records Web site, but the purchase function has been disabled. Memphis Recording Service director Joseph Pirzada tells Billboard.biz that he responded on behalf of Cargo on three occasions since the letter was received five or six weeks ago, but heard nothing in response.

"I've not received a letter, an email, or any telephone calls," he tells Billboard.biz. "I told Sony BMG they were wrong, and that the outtakes on the CD were recorded before the June 1, 1957. Which means it is in the public domain."

He adds, "I'm not worried and I haven't been worried," and notes that his company continues to sell the product. But he admits Sony BMG's action had "thrown a spanner in the works."

A Sony BMG spokesman declined to comment in depth on the issue, other than to confirm "that we are in correspondence with them" on the matter. The spokesman adds, "it is our policy to keep close scrutiny on any third parties who are thinking of releasing Elvis recordings assuming them to be in the public domain when they may in fact not be."

Memphis Recording Service became headline news in the summer when its Presley release "My Baby Left Me" entered the Official U.K. U.K. Singles Charts at No. 19, becoming the first out-of-copyright recording to be a U.K. Top 40 hit. The song was originally recorded by Presley in 1956, so entered the public domain on Jan. 1 2007.

Despite furious lobbying from the music industry, the U.K. government recently backed the Gowers Review, which recommended the copyright term for sound recordings should remain at 50 years.

The "My Baby Left Me" single was meant to set-up the launch of the now-disputed "New York" sessions album, says Pirzada, and has since sold 20,000 copies worldwide, about half of which came in the U.K. Cargo distributed "My Baby Left Me," which was sold exclusively through HMV.

The Cargo-Memphis relationship remains in tact. "We still distribute the label and other titles," says the Cargo executive, "and we will distribute the title next year when the 'offending' material is removed from the product." Pirzada says Memphis will relaunch the product in February. "They put a spanner in the works for us before Christmas," he says. "All its done is delay us for few weeks."

Source: Billboard.biz
                          Jezt hab ich einen Anruf bekommen und den ganzen Mist endlich verstanden:
                          Alles, was bis Juni 1957 von Elvis aufgenommen wurde, kann jeder, wenn er will irgendwo veröffentlichen, ausser den Outtakes, denn die wurden ja erst viel später offiziell herausgebracht.
                          Die haben also My Baby Left Me mit diesen zusätzlichen Verkäufen ins Guiness Buch gehievt.
                          Die Outtakes wurden per Gericht verboten, d.h. jeder , der dieses Teil mit Outtakes hat, hat eine künftige Rarität.
                          Das Teil wird Januar ohne outtakes nochmals herausgebracht.
                          So hab ich es jedenfalls verstanden mit den paar Brocken englisch, die ich kann.
                          Thanks to Ernst Joergensen, Roger Semon and Erik Rasmussen for the great work. Keep the spirit alive !

Kommentar

• michael grasberger
                            Posting-Legende

ich hab das teil gestern auf der grazer plattenbörse mal genauer angesehen. recht hübsch gemacht aber kein pflichtkauf.

"We know that rock'n'roll was not a human invention, that it was the work of the Holy Ghost."
                            (Nick Tosches)

Kommentar

• Gast

Ich hab´s und finde es wirklich toll.

Kommentar

• Ciscoking
                                Board-Legende

Der Sammler braucht es vom Material her natürlich nicht.

Der Klang ist jedoch unwiderstehlich gut und die original Versionen mal zu hören ist auch nicht schlecht.

Wer das Ding mit den Outtakes schon hat, kann sich glücklich schätzen, demnächst gibt es nur noch eine mit den Mastern. Man hat somit eine kleine Rarität in Händen.
                                Thanks to Ernst Joergensen, Roger Semon and Erik Rasmussen for the great work. Keep the spirit alive !

Kommentar

Lädt...