Kontakt

Hilfe
Heutige Beiträge
Kalender
Registrieren
Home

Willkommen im Elvis-Forum.

Du besuchst unser Forum derzeit als Gast, wodurch Du nur eingeschränkten Zugriff auf die meisten Diskussionen, Artikel und unsere anderen FREIEN Features hast. Wenn Du Dich in unserem Forum kostenlos anmeldest, kannst Du eigene Themen erstellen, kannst Dich privat mit anderen Benutzern unterhalten (PN), an Umfragen teilnehmen, eigene Fotos hochladen und viele weitere spezielle Features nutzen.

Die Registrierung ist schnell, einfach und absolut kostenlos! Werde also noch heute Mitglied in unserem Forum!

Wenn Du Probleme bei der Registrierung oder Deinen Zugangsdaten hast, kontaktiere bitte unseren Support.

Navigation
Zurück   Elvis-Forum > Elvis-Forum > Elvis Presley
Elvis Presley Elvis Presley - Nachrichten | Aktuelles | Wissenswertes | Bemerkenswertes
Alles über den King of Rock 'n' Roll

Antwort

Themen-Optionen

Alt 28.06.2024, 01:02
Benutzerbild von lars87
lars87 lars87 ist offline
Foren-Experte

lars87 Renommee-Level 6%lars87 Renommee-Level 6%
lars87 eine Nachricht über ICQ schicken
FROM THE CHRISTOPHER BROWN MASTERTAPES VOL. 1 + 2

Two new CDs by Straight Arrow label out soon!

Legendary label Straight Arrow (established in 2005) is back with their new 2024 releases of Elvis tour opening show in Buffalo, New York, June 25, 1976 and evening show in Syracuse, New York, July 25, 1976.

Straight Arrow was fortunate enough to obtain original audience-recorded tapes of these shows, recorded by well-known Canadian super fan and Elvis books author, Christopher Brown. His master cassettes were never in circulation. Although released before from different sources, these historic concerts were never before available in pristine sound quality - until now! Every second of the tape was enhanced in the renowned Sound & Vision studio to achieve the optimal listening experience. The sound was remastered to the correct speed. If you have enjoyed our previous 1976 CDs, we believe that you will love this one as well. Ask your local CD vendor for audio teasers!
Presented in the usual Straight Arrow fashion with the top notch digipacks including the photos of Elvis on stage in June and July 1976 and great liner notes written by Christopher Brown himself, these new release are another beauties that you must not miss! Both CDs are perfect soundtrack to Christopher Brown second book “ELVIS IN CONCERT,” too.
These CDs are dedicated to the memory of our dear friend and collaborator, the excellent musician Mr. Vladimír Tomek (19.7.1950 – 25.2.2024), who worked with us on many Straight Arrow releases.

The Straight Arrow label is planning - hopefully - more volumes of “From the Christopher Brown master tapes” this year. So stay tuned.

The Straight Arrow team is always looking for new, unreleased audience-taped shows and for better quality versions of the previously released recordings. If you have such unique tapes, even damaged or broken, do not hesitate to contact us through your local dealer!

The King at the Aud

“From the Christopher Brown master tapes Vol. 1”
Friday, June 25th 1976 (tour opening show), Memorial Auditorium, Buffalo, N.Y.
(SA/SP 2024-72-02)

“My brother, David, a friend from our local church, Stephen Peslar, and I drove to Buffalo on Friday, June 25 to
see the first show of a new tour.
Buffalo was less than a two-hour drive from Toronto, and there was no difficulty finding the “Aud.” We searched for tickets. I felt the added pressure of needing to find THREE tickets.
It was a very good show. I heard many songs live for the first time, with the highlights being two complete versions of HURT, AMERICA THE BEAUTIFUL, and performances of both POLK SALAD ANNIE and BURNING LOVE not often done in the same show. It was also the first time I heard the extended AMEN following I GOT A WOMAN, which of course years later, and dozens of soundboards later, not a highlight anymore. Elvis also performed a new song for me tonight - HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU (to Barbara). This performance stands out as one of my favorites of the twenty-nine I saw. It was a really wild crowd (so many Canadians), and I think Elvis was surprised at their reaction to him. I miss seeing him in person. Always exciting, always fun, and always entertaining. A real joy. So long ago…” (excerpts from liner notes by Christopher Brown)

Tracklist:
01. Introduction: Also Sprach Zarathustra - 02. C. C. Rider - 03. I Got A Woman / Amen - 04. Love Me - 05. If You Love Me (Let Me Know) - 06. You Gave Me A Mountain - 07. All Shook Up - 08. (Let Me Be Your) Teddy Bear / Don't Be Cruel - 09. And I Love You So - 10. Jailhouse Rock - 11. Fever - 12. America The Beautiful - 13. Polk Salad Annie - 14. Introductions of singers, musicians, orchestra - 15. Early Mornin' Rain - 16. What'd I Say - 17. Drum Solo (Ronnie Tutt) - 18. Bass Solo (Blues, Jerry Scheff) - 19. Piano Solo (Tony Brown) - 20. Electric Piano & Clavinet Solo (David Briggs) - 21. Love Letters - 22. School Day - 23. Hurt #1 - 24. Hurt #2 - 25. Burning Love - 26. Happy Birthday (to Barbara) - 27. Funny How Time Slip Away - 28. Can't Help Falling In Love - 29. Closing Vamp & Announcements.

All tracks recorded live from audience on June 25th, 1976.

The King at the War Memorial

From the Christopher Brown master tapes Vol. 2”
Sunday, July 25th 1976 (evening show), Onondaga County War Memorial, Syracuse, N.Y.
(SA/SP 2024-73-02)

“My brother, David, and I left Toronto for Syracuse, New York expecting to see three shows (two in Syracuse, one in Rochester), but hoping for four as the first show of our short tour was on a Sunday, and Elvis might do a matinee. When we arrived, we learned he would not. Although he would return in two days, it’s surprising that the Colonel had not consented to a matinee and free up Tuesday for another city -- but it came to be known later that Elvis was really not up to performing two shows in one day. A matinee would often suffer and would usually be shorter. This auditorium featured a fixed stage at one end of the building, with no seats behind Elvis or on the very sides of the stage – very unusual. Curtains draped the edges of the stage, and we couldn’t see Elvis until he was on the stage. The show was good, though Elvis seemed to be really more interested in interacting with his back-up singers and musicians. The show suffered with what some have described as the ‘quick close syndrome – only three or four songs after a lengthy break for introductions, resulting in Elvis only singing for 5 to 7 minutes, though it often included the highlight of the show - HURT. I was disappointed with this show after having seen the opening show of the previous tour in Buffalo, but perhaps the following two days would be better…” (excerpts from liner notes by Christopher Brown)

Tracklist:
01. Introduction: Also Sprach Zarathustra - 02. C. C. Rider - 03. I Got A Woman / Amen - 04. Love Me - 05. If You Love Me (Let Me Know) - 06. You Gave Me A Mountain - 07. All Shook Up - 08. (Let Me Be Your) Teddy Bear / Don't Be Cruel - 09. And I Love You So - 10. Jailhouse Rock - 11. Fever - 12. America The Beautiful - 13. Polk Salad Annie - 14. Introductions of singers, musicians, orchestra - 15. Early Mornin' Rain - 16. What'd I Say - 17. Johnny B. Goode - 18. Drum Solo (Ronnie Tutt) - 19. Bass Solo (Battle Of New Orleans, Jerry Scheff) - 20. Piano Solo (Tony Brown) - 21. Electric Piano & Clavinet Solo (David Briggs) - 22. Love Letters - 23. School Day - 24. Hurt (with reprise) - 25. Hound Dog - 26. Funny How Time Slips Away - 27. Can't Help Falling In Love - 28. Closing Vamp & Announcements.

All tracks recorded live from audience on July 25th, 1976.

Quelle: Email
Alt Alt 28.06.2024, 01:02
Advertising
Werbung

Diese Werbung wird registrierten
Mitgliedern so nicht angezeigt.
Werde noch heute
im Elvis-Forum
Standard Sponsored Links

Alt 28.06.2024, 06:49
Benutzerbild von Rusty Cage
Rusty Cage Rusty Cage ist offline
Posting-Legende

Rusty Cage Renommee-Level 60%Rusty Cage Renommee-Level 60%Rusty Cage Renommee-Level 60%Rusty Cage Renommee-Level 60%Rusty Cage Renommee-Level 60%Rusty Cage Renommee-Level 60%Rusty Cage Renommee-Level 60%Rusty Cage Renommee-Level 60%Rusty Cage Renommee-Level 60%Rusty Cage Renommee-Level 60%Rusty Cage Renommee-Level 60%
Die Syracuse-Show gab es bereits auf der Onondaga Nights, ebenfalls von Straight Arrow. Damals kam die auch vom Audience-Mastertape. Entweder es gibt eine weitere Aufnahme der Show, die noch unveröffentlicht ist oder wir bekommen die selbe Show nochmal mit anderem Titel.....ich befürchte letzteres und traue denen sogar zu, dass sie jetzt schlechter klingt...
Alt 28.06.2024, 09:01
King77 King77 ist offline
Board-Legende

King77 Renommee-Level 60%King77 Renommee-Level 60%King77 Renommee-Level 60%King77 Renommee-Level 60%King77 Renommee-Level 60%King77 Renommee-Level 60%King77 Renommee-Level 60%King77 Renommee-Level 60%King77 Renommee-Level 60%King77 Renommee-Level 60%King77 Renommee-Level 60%
Stephan ich bin der gleichen Meinung weil die letzten Veröffentlichungen von Straight Arrow haben mich auch nicht vom Hocker gerissen u. die alten Imports klingen meistens besser.
Antwort