Seite 3 von 15 ErsteErste 1234513 ... LetzteLetzte
Zeige Ergebnis 21 bis 30 von 144

Thema: From Elvis In Memphis Re-issue - Update

gast-20100801 Gast
    ...habe die 1999er CD mit den Memphis-Aufnahmen (Mastertakes & einige Outtakes) in bombiger Tonqualität, so dass ich das neue Teil wohl nicht kaufen werde. Ich glaube, es lohnt sich "memphis-mäßig" erst wieder zuzuschlagen, wenn FTD eine De-Luxe Version von FROM ELVIS IN MEMPHIS und BACK IN MEMPHIS auf den Markt wirft.

Sony confirmed that the 'From Elvis In Memphis' Legacy release will in fact be a double CD.

CD 1 will be the original album and CD 2 the rest of the masters.

www.epgold.com

Tracklisting In The Ghetto

Previously announced as a double CD release and re-issue of the "From Elvis In Memphis" album containing the 32 masters Elvis Presley recorded at the American Sound Studio's, the CD "In The Ghetto" appears to be a single disc containing 18 tracks according to the UEPS website. Amazon lists the CD as a single disc too. The CD is due July 28, 2009 from the Sony Legacy label.
    Tracklisting:

1. Wearin' That Loved On Look
    2. Only The Strong Survive
    3. I'll Hold You In My Heart (Till I Can Hold You In My Arms)
    4. Long Black Limousine
    5. It Keeps Right On A-Hurtin'
    6. I'm Movin' On
    7. Power Of My Love
    8. Gentle On My Mind
    9. After Loving You
    10. True Love Travels On A Gravel Road
    11. Any Day Now
    12. In The Ghetto
    13. The Fair's Moving On
    14. Suspicious Minds
    15. You'll Think Of Me
    16. Don't Cry Daddy
    17. Kentucky Rain
    18. Mama Liked The Roses

EPE still has the update below in their news-section:
    "To commemorate the 40th Anniversary of Elvis' historic American Studio session that resulted in "Suspicious Minds," "In the Ghetto" and "Kentucky Rain" among many others, Sony Music will release a deluxe version of From Elvis In Memphis, including all the 32 masters recorded at these sessions. These recordings have been remastered from the original album masters for optimum sound quality. More details on the release to come."

Source: Various / Updated: Jun 9, 2009

Und bei elvisnews stand dieses noch als reaction darauf:

Brian Quinn (profile/ contact) wrote on Jun 11, 2009report abuse
    I have just confirmed with Sony that the 'From Elvis In Memphis' Legacy release will in fact be a double CD. CD 1 will be the original album and CD 2 the rest of the masters.

Hoffen wir mahl das da wirklich eine 2 cd komt, oder dvd wie das erst mahl hies...

Gast Gast
    Also,

ich hab´ einige dieser " Legacy " CDs zu Hause, und auf jeder dieser ist unveröffentlichtes Material zu finden, ob das jetzt Outtakes, Demos oder Rehearsals oder Live Songs sind.

Wenn dieses Set wirklich als " Legacy " Edition veröffentlicht wird, dann können wir, so hoffe ich, mit unveröffentlichtem Material schon rechnen, denn dass entspricht dem Konzept dieser Editions.

Ich hoffe es wird keine Kopie von der Suspicious Minds Doppl CD.mit den gleichen Out-Takes.Viel Platz bleibt ja nicht bei 34 Master-Takes.

Ich denke personlich das wir nicht auf viel unbekantes rechnen zu brauchen. Wird bestimmt mahl kommen auf ftd classic album releases's. Weil dies ja wieder mahl ein mainstream product ist.

Bei elvismatters steht sie seit gerade im online shop als pre-order:

From Elvis in Memphis [PRE ORDER] expected: summer 2009
    no official cover art released yet

To commemorate the 40th Anniversary of Elvis' historic American Studio session that resulted in "Suspicious Minds," "In the Ghetto" and "Kentucky Rain" among many others, Sony Music will release a deluxe 2CD version of From Elvis In Memphis, including all the 32 masters recorded at these sessions. Disc 1 will contain the original album, Disc 2 will contain the rest of the masters.
    #00002843 normal: 17,50 | silver: 15,75 | gold: 14,88 EUR

Elvis in Memphis Re-issue

This sounds like it will be a great release with extras another for my growing collection
    thanks for this news.
    phyllis

Zitat Zitat von PatrickVaals Beitrag anzeigen
    Bei elvismatters steht sie seit gerade im online shop als pre-order:

From Elvis in Memphis [PRE ORDER] expected: summer 2009
    no official cover art released yet

To commemorate the 40th Anniversary of Elvis' historic American Studio session that resulted in "Suspicious Minds," "In the Ghetto" and "Kentucky Rain" among many others, Sony Music will release a deluxe 2CD version of From Elvis In Memphis, including all the 32 masters recorded at these sessions. Disc 1 will contain the original album, Disc 2 will contain the rest of the masters.
    #00002843 normal: 17,50 | silver: 15,75 | gold: 14,88 EUR

Don't expect some extra's, just the master. What a great release it could have been