Hey Jude
    If I'm A Fool (For Loving You)
    Who Am I

Source: www.elvis.com.au

Kommentar

• Herbi
      Board-Legende

General Info:

After returning from service in the US Army, Elvis Presley spent the next several years focusing on his acting career, yielding hit films and blockbuster soundtracks. It was, however almost a decade away from the stage and recording proper studio albums. In January 1969, seeking to gain back some artistic control, Elvis produced some of his most significant work ever during a two week long series of recording sessions at American Studios in Memphis. These were the first recording sessions after his triumphant comback TV special ELVIS that aired in December of 1968 and the first recording sessions in Memphis since he left Sun Records for RCA in 1955. A total of 32 masters were cut, the first release was the LP From Elvis In Memphis featuring the hit single 'In The Ghetto', followed by three hit single releases; 'Suspicious Minds', 'Don't Cry Daddy', and 'Kentucky Rain'. A second album was released as one half of the double album From Memphis To Vegas-From Vegas To Memphis, which features the utterly brilliant Percy Mayfield blues 'Stranger In My Own Home Town' and 4 additional tracks were later released on different LPs. In a career that was full of triumphs, Elvis' recordings at American Studios stand as one of the absolute highlights.

This is the Legacy Edition of one of Elvis' most significant albums, the critically acclaimed June 1969 release, From Elvis In Memphis. This brand new 2-CD set contains all tracks from the sessions recorded at American Studios in Memphis in January and February of 1969, newly remastered for optimum sound quality.

Source: www.elvis.com.au

__Elvis - Artist Of The Century__

Kommentar

• So High
        Foren-Profi

yeah her damit!

immer die Diskussionen, bevor eine cd erscheint, ist sie dann da kommt, nicht mehr viel!!!

ich freue mich schon darauf im neuen dsd soundgewandt!

Kommentar

• King77
          Board-Legende

Ich glaube nicht das es viel zu schreiben gibt bei dieser Veröff.weder vor noch nachher.

Kommentar

• rointasa
            Ganz neu hier

From Elvis In Memphis : 40th Anniversary Legacy Edition - 2 CD Set

Sony have now provided us with the tracklisting for the From Elvis In Memphis : 40th Anniversary Legacy Edition - 2 CD Set, including all the 32 masters recorded at these sessions. This release commemorates the 40th Anniversary of Elvis' historic American Studio sessions that resulted in 'Suspicious Minds', 'In the Ghetto' and 'Kentucky Rain' among many others. These recordings have been remastered from the original album masters for optimum sound quality.
            CD 1 (15 Tracks)
            The original 'From Elvis In Memphis' album with additional tracks:
            From Elvis In Memphis
            Wearin' That Loved On Look
            Only The Strong Survive
            I'll Hold You In My Heart
            Long Black Limousine
            It Keeps Right On A-Hurtin'
            I'm Movin' On
            Power Of My Love
            Gentle On My Mind
            After Loving You
            True Love Travels On A Gravel Road
            Any Day Now
            In The Ghetto
            Single A-Sides
            Suspicious Minds
            Don't Cry Daddy
            Kentucky Rain
            CD2 (17 Tracks)
            The original 'Back In Memphis' album with additional tracks:
            Elvis : Back In Memphis
            Inherit The Wind,
            This Is The Story
            Stranger In My Own Home Town
            A Little Bit Of Green
            And The Grass Won't Pay No Mind
            Do You Know Who I Am?
            From A Jack To A King
            The Fair's Moving On
            You'll Think Of Me
            Without Love (There Is Nothing)
            Single B-Sides
            Rubberneckin'
            My Little Friend
            Mama Liked The Roses
            Album Tracks
            I'll Be There
            Hey Jude
            If I'm A Fool (For Loving You)
            Who Am I
            General Info:
            After returning from service in the US Army, Elvis Presley spent the next several years focusing on his acting career, yielding hit films and blockbuster soundtracks. It was, however almost a decade away from the stage and recording proper studio albums. In January 1969, seeking to gain back some artistic control, Elvis produced some of his most significant work ever during a two week long series of recording sessions at American Studios in Memphis. These were the first recording sessions after his triumphant comback TV special ELVIS that aired in December of 1968 and the first recording sessions in Memphis since he left Sun Records for RCA in 1955. A total of 32 masters were cut, the first release was the LP From Elvis In Memphis featuring the hit single 'In The Ghetto', followed by three hit single releases; 'Suspicious Minds', 'Don't Cry Daddy', and 'Kentucky Rain'. A second album was released as one half of the double album From Memphis To Vegas-From Vegas To Memphis, which features the utterly brilliant Percy Mayfield blues 'Stranger In My Own Home Town' and 4 additional tracks were later released on different LPs. In a career that was full of triumphs, Elvis' recordings at American Studios stand as one of the absolute highlights.
            This is the Legacy Edition of one of Elvis' most significant albums, the critically acclaimed June 1969 release, From Elvis In Memphis. This brand new 2-CD set contains all tracks from the sessions recorded at American Studios in Memphis in January and February of 1969, newly remastered for optimum sound quality.

Kommentar

• burroughs
              Board-Legende

WER hat die dieses mal re-mastered
              Hinweis in eigener Sache:
              wenn du glaubst, dass ich mich dir gegenüber wie ein Arschloch verhalte, kannst du ziemlich sicher sein, dass du es verdient hast

Kommentar

• gast-20111607

Vic Anesini, wenn ich mich nicht verlesen habe...

Kommentar

• burroughs
                  Board-Legende

na dann..

bleibt noch abzuwarten, wie die optik ausfallen wird
                  wenn du glaubst, dass ich mich dir gegenüber wie ein Arschloch verhalte, kannst du ziemlich sicher sein, dass du es verdient hast

Kommentar

• andy_m
                    Board-Legende

Ob die gleichen Titel mit dem identischen Remastering auch auf der neuen 30 CD Box enthalten sein werden?
                    ALLE MASTER in einer 30 CD Box + Outtakes Live Takes etc

Kommentar

• Gast

So, wie es ausschaut, wird es kein unveröffentlichtes Material auf diesem 2 CDs Set geben, was ich wirklich sehr schade finde.

Aber, dann sollten sie, Sony Music, dieses Set nicht als " Legacy Edition " verkaufen, denn, wie schon in einem anderen Posting in diesem Thread erwähnt, sind alle " Legacy Editions " , die ich kenne, mit unveröffentlichtem Material erschienen.

Irgendwie passt dass nicht zusammen, dass entspricht nicht dem Original Konzept dieser " Legacy " CDs, und manchmal auch DVD.

Kommentar

• burroughs
                        Board-Legende

tja, wir haben ja beim gospel-set auch nicht von anfang an gewusst, dass wir einen song mit alternate background vocals bekommen werden. und schwupps, war er da
                        von daher würd ich nicht von vornherein auschliessen, dass wir nicht doch noch was neues bekommen könnten..

Kommentar

• Gast

Ja, Mr. burroughs,

sicherlich wäre es toll, wenn wir Material bekommen, dass wir noch nicht haben.

Denk´ einmal an die beiden Johnny Cash " Legacy Editions ", " At Folsom Prison " und " At San Quentin ", was das für Hammerveröffentlichungen sind, mit jeweils 2 CDs und 1 DVD !!!

Kommentar

• King77
                            Board-Legende

Die Frage ist nur von wo man das unveröff.Material vom Jän./Feb.69 hernimmt.Wenn man mal die ganzen Songs durchgeht dann gibt es fast alle comp.AT bereitz auf RCA Veröff.Die fehlenden Out-Takes gibt es auf der Import-Serie The American Way.Würde man also die besten AT hier dazunehmen wäre es nichts anderes als ein Best Of 69 session Sampler der uns aber auch nichts neues bringt u.genau genommen gibt es den bereitz mit der Doppel CD Suspicious Minds.

Kommentar

• Herbi
                              Board-Legende

Zitat von burroughs
                              tja, wir haben ja beim gospel-set auch nicht von anfang an gewusst, dass wir einen song mit alternate background vocals bekommen werden. und schwupps, war er da
                              von daher würd ich nicht von vornherein auschliessen, dass wir nicht doch noch was neues bekommen könnten..
                              ...nett das die da einfach schwupps so ein unveröffentlichten song draufgepackt haben !!

__Elvis - Artist Of The Century__

Kommentar

• Gast

Zitat von Herbi
                                ...nett das die da einfach schwupps so ein unveröffentlichten song draufgepackt haben !!

Herbi,

es handelt sich dabei NICHT um einen unveröffentlichten Song.

Kommentar

Lädt...