• Zeit
  • Anzeigen
Alles löschen
neue Beiträge
  • Didi
    Gehört zum Inventar

Texas Whirlwind CD announced

Texas Whirlwind CD announced: PapaBear Productions advises:

Another fantastic import CD release from PapaBear Productions. Great show (6/2/76) and great quality sound! A must for every serious Elvis CD collector!

Elvis mentions that they are in El Paso for the first time since 1972. Among the finest songs of the evening is the version of "Help Me", sung here as a duet with high tenor Sherrill Nielsen. This performance is very sincere and done at slower tempo than the studio version. The hard rockin' "Polk Salad Annie" follows right after the pure emotional beauty of Don McLean's "And I Love You So". During the introduction segment, Elvis asks David Briggs to play "Love Letters", and again - it is performed slowly and softly. Two showstopper versions of his thundering latest single "Hurt" and an ordinarily rushed "Hound Dog" precede the moment when Elvis asks for the house lights so he is able to see and greet his loyal audience. Half way through a short version of "Funny Howe Time Slips Away" Elvis directs the lighting crew "And now turn them off!" Finally, the first bars of "Can't Help Falling In Love" alert all of the screaming fans that the ceremony is coming to a close. When Al Dvorin made the famous announcement "Elvis has left the building"; Elvis was already in his limousine on his way to the airport. Fort Worth, Texas was the next stop...

Techincal notes: This is a previously unreleased recording. The original mono soundboard mastertape was used for this project. Normally, the mixing board was roughly adjusted just once by the sound engineer Bruce Jackson at the very beginning of each concert tour. The levels of instruments and vocals remained very similar for the final mono mixes of all recordings that were made during this particular tour. In presenting this El Paso, TX soundboard recording, Elvis, J. D. Sumner's vocal, and James Burton's lead guitar are up front. The concert is complete and uncut with the exception of a few seconds of Tony Brown's piano solo while the cassette tape was turned over in the recorder. The sound was restored with the latest equipment and software using 24-bit processing. We decided to leave the sound as natural as possible; no fake effects, ambience or reverbs were added."

EIN Note: Previous PapaBear releases have been CDR's and not CDs.

Source: elvisinfonet.com
  • gast-20111607

Das Konzert gibt es doch schon auf der Import "El goes El Paso", oder übersehe ich etwas?

Kommentar

• Herbi
      Board-Legende

....könnte sein !?

El Goes El Paso June 02 - 1976. ES.

Also Sprach Zarathustra
      See See Rider
      I Got A Woman/Amen
      Love Me
      If You Love Me
      You Gave Me A Mountain
      All Shook Up
      Teddy Bear/Don't Be Cruel
      Help Me
      Fever
      Jailhouse Rock
      And I Love You So
      Polk Salad Annie
      Band introductions
      Early Morning Rain
      What'd I Say
      Drum solo
      Bass solo
      Piano solo
      Keyboard solo
      Love Letters
      School Days
      Hurt
      Hurt (reprise)
      Hound Dog
      Funny How Time Slips Away
      Can't Help Falling In Love
      Closing Vamp/Announcements

__Elvis - Artist Of The Century__

Kommentar

• Ciscoking
        Board-Legende

Sicher istves diese Show..papa bear ist CD - err....
        Thanks to Ernst Joergensen, Roger Semon and Erik Rasmussen for the great work. Keep the spirit alive !

Kommentar

• burroughs
          Board-Legende

Da wird sich O.M. aber freuen

Kommentar

• Herbi
            Board-Legende

...dann kann man das teil also abhaken !!

__Elvis - Artist Of The Century__

Kommentar

• allerteuerste
              Gehört zum Inventar

und wie! ganz schnell, ganz dick.

LG, AT
              "Motorboat! Motorboat! Ruadan tua i nur zur Noat!"

Kommentar

• burroughs
                Board-Legende

Off-Topic:

jo griass di, babsi